Saturday, November 8, 2014

Saigon’s Zoo and Botanical Garden

Established in the 1865, this place is one of the most well known places in Saigon. Stepping through the gate raced as the memories flashed back in my mind. I thought I was 5 again. Without any hesitation, I dashed to the ice cream machine and ordered myself a cone of vanilla ice cream. Being 5 years old I ran towards the elephants, looking up, staring at the ginormous animals bathing themselves in the mud.


Look at that trunk

After the elephants, of course it’s the giraffes, it was that interesting therefore I moved on to, the Leo (or tigers and lions, as normal people call them). Most of them were sleeping except for the tiger cubs, which were so adorable. Lost in a trance when I looked at them, like I was hypnotized. Their eyes were unbearable; they were the most beautiful things on Earth.

Giraffes be like "Whatever, I'm eating"

Majestic creature

Hard to leave but I had, walking alone the path to the orangutan section I couldn’t control my laughter. IT SHOOED US AWAY! That orangutan really made my day.



Vietnam's Next Top Model

Before visiting the bears I treated myself with some Vietnamese street junk food, fried fish balls (cá viên chiên).

I'm so healthy, haha...
And finally, the bears…

"May I have the fish balls too?"

"Pwetty Pwease?"

My body froze as I saw the sign saying “Butterfly garden” (or something on that line). Got my camera ready, I charged in. Such a calming atmosphere in there, like it’s separated from the world ouside. Everything slowed down as the wings continued to swing.




And some other snapshots I was managed to take.

"What are those creatures?"

"wot?"

Please save the Rhino, stop hunting them for their horns.


"I know I'm fabulous"

As soon as we decided to go home, the rain just poured down on us and we had to wait for few hours until it stopped but the rain just added that something to a boring day. It brought back so many memories of me being a child and get excited whenever it’s raining (so I can shower in the rain, ha).


Took it using my phone so excuse the quality :3

Hope you guys liked the blog post, I had a lot of fun writing it! x

You are never too old to visit the zoo ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment